as I didn’t get TidyService to work correctly with UTF8 umlauts, I created a UNIX Shell Script wrapper for html tidy as it comes with OS X that does the job at least for TextWrangler:
- open TextWranglers „Unix Filters Folder“
- create a file named e.g. „Tidy Html.sh“,
- paste the following lines into the file and save it:
#!/bin/sh # run "tidy" on the file given as 1st (and only) parameter. # /usr/bin/tidy -utf8 -asxhtml -indent -wrap 100 -quiet "$1" 2> /dev/null
- now you can run tidy on files opened in TextWrangler, even remote files.
- assign a keyboard shortcut (I used CTRL-T in the shot above) via the „Unix Filters“ Palette: